St. Patrick’s Day Green Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cup sprouted buckwheat flour (regular buckwheat is good too)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 3/4 cup organic virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup real maple syrup
- 5-8oz fresh spinach (must be fresh not frozen)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
Step 1 – Using a good processor puree the spinach until it becomes a fine paste like substance
Step 2 – In a bowl beat the eggs and maple syrup until they become light and fluffy
Step 3 – Mix in lemon juice, vanilla and spinach puree
Step 4 – In a separate bowl sift flours and baking soda together
Step 5 – Pour wet mixture into flour mixture and mix well.
Step 6 – Place batter into a muffin tin and bake for 2-30 minutes at 350˚F.
Finish the cupcakes with Vanilla Coconut Cream Frosting.