Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 6 garlic cloves, prick with a fork or knife to prevent bursting
- 2 tbsp olive oil or melted grass-fed butter or melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 to 5 sprigs of fresh thyme and oregano
- 4 tomatoes (Roma tomatoes are best for roasting)
- 2 cups fresh spinach or your favourite salad spring mix
- salt and pepper
- goat cheese (optional)
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 375 F
Step 2 – In a large bowl, toss all vegetables together except tomatoes with oil, thyme and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 3 – Place vegetables in a large roasting pan and roast for about 30 minutes or until tender and golden.
Step 4 – Remove pan from the oven and add tomatoes. Return to oven and continue roasting for 5 more minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
Step 5 – Assemble salad, place spinach on plates, toss roasted vegetable in their pan drippings and mix well. Place vegetables on the bed of spinach, top with goat cheese, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve!
Photo Credit: ccharmon