Raw Caramel Diamonds
- 3/4 cup soaked dates (pitted)
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup soaked dates (pitted)
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 1/2 tbsp smooth tahini
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup filtered water
Top Chocolate Layer Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Place almonds in food processor until it’s the consistency you prefer (fine crumbs, or bigger chunks of almonds)
- Add dates and coconut oil in a food processor with the almonds, it should become a sticky mixture.
- Press mixture into a parchment paper lined square dish press it down to form the base.
- Place it in the freezer.
- Put dates, coconut oil, tahini, maple syrup, cashews and water into a blender and blend until smooth (you may need a little extra water to help blend it but try and keep it to a minimum).
- Spread caramel mixture on top of the base layer and return it to the freezer to set.
Top Chocolate Directions:
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao to a small saucepan on really low heat and stir until it is combined and resembles chocolate sauce.
- Spread the chocolate sauce on top of the caramel filling (caramel layer must be set before you do this).
- Place it back into the freezer for an hour and then remove it from the dish, cut into diamonds and store it in an airtight container in the fridge.