Leek and Mushroom Lasagna
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large Leeks (trimmed and sliced)
- 7oz Crimini Mushrooms (sliced)
- 7oz wild mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 large Red Chile (seeded and finely chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 tablespoon Quinoa Flour (organic whole wheat, rice, or teff flour may also be used)
- 1 3/4 cup Almond Milk (Rice, Hemp or Quinoa milk may also be used)
- Small handful of thyme leaves (fresh or dried)
- 6oz Organic Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 4 Tomatoes (3 coarsely chopped and 1 sliced to serve on top)
- 8oz Whole Grain Lasagna Sheets
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 350˚F. Heat oil in large pan over low heat, add the leeks and cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes, or until starting to soften. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, then add the chiles and garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the wine, raise the heat, and boil for 3 minutes while the alcohol evaporates. Stir in the thyme.
Step 2 – Add the flour and mix well. Add a little milk, mix, then add the rest of the milk and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add almost all the cheese, remove from the heat and combine well. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and season well with salt and pepper.
Step 3 – Put a 1/2 inch layer of the mixture in the bottom of an ovenproof dish, then cover with a layer of cooked lasagna sheets. Pour in another layer of sauce and cover with lasagna. Repeat until all the sauce is used up, finishing with a layer of sauce. Top with the remaining cheese and the sliced tomatoes. Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes until brown on top and piping hot.
Photo Credit: Maggie