Drink Water Upon Waking Up – 6 Reasons Why It’s Beneficial
Did you know when we wake up in the morning we are the most dehydrated. Drinking water first thing has a number of benefits such as:
- Cleanses the colon, this is very effective if you are someone who suffers from constipation, which most of us do (esp. if you live on a processed food, low fibre)
- Helps purge toxins from the body which keeps your skin clear and glowing
- Increases production of new blood cells
- Helps aid in weight loss
- Helps “break the fast” and aids with digestion before you eat
- Wakes you up and provides energy
So, how do you do this?
Set a glass of water on your bedside table before going to bed. It’s there when you wake up. Before even getting out of that bed, drink that water.
Now, if you are someone who’s saying “oh no I need my coffee first thing in the morning”. Bull shit, no you don’t, that’s all in your head. You’re body doesn’t need coffee first thing.
If you are someone who doesn’t drink a lot of water, start with 8oz first thing then work your way up to 1 litre. I guarantee you, over time you will feel more awake, your bowels will be working better making you feel lighter, you’ll have less aches and pains, and a clearer head.
Remember, no excuses are allowed here.
Try it, even for just one week.
You are no longer saying no to yourself.