Is Food Your Best Friend or Enemy
with Marc David
It’s official. It’s here. Summer has arrived. Here are some random fun facts about summer.
- In the summer heat, the iron in France’s Eiffel Tower expands, making the tower grow more than 6 inches.
- Marc Antony named the month of July, in honor of Julius Caesar.
- Studies show that men are more likely to cheat during the summer months.
- Leprosy is more readily contracted during the summer. Each year about 150 Americans contract leprosy, the same skin-disease mentioned in the Bible. In the United States, the source of leprosy is usually armadillos. The disease is transmitted when people, particularly in the southern U.S., hunt, kill, and eat infected armadillo.
- The most dangerous time to go to the hospital is during the summer, especially July. The most experienced medical residents graduate and leave hospitals in July, just as new physicians (or last year’s medical students) arrive. Death rates increase between 8%–24% in July.
These fun facts were taken directly from 50 Fun Facts about Summer.
Because you listen to my show Audible.com is offering you a free audiobook of your choice and a free 30-day trial membership. Just go to audibletrial.com/cutthecrap and choose from over 180,000 audio programs – download a title free and start listening. It’s that easy.
I want to share my free 7 day mini course to better digestion. This is a free video course I create that gives you very easy steps to help improve your digestion. Sign up today and you’ll get your first video immediately.
Do you look at food as your best friend or as your enemy? Sometimes we can eat all the right things but still we don’t feel any better about ourselves, why is that? My guest today is Marc David and he is going to get down and dirty on the psychology of eating.
- The mind and body being connected especially when it comes to food
- What you eat is only half the story
- The brain does not distinguish between a real or imaginary threat
- Why it’s important to do a self inventory
- Any dietary approach must have values to it that work for you
Resources & Links Mentioned
Tao Te Ching* by Lao Tzu
* = affiliate link
Listen to Episode 25
If you do, I’ll send you a virtual hug!