Cranberry Sauce (Sugar Free)
- 24 0z of fresh cranberries (frozen also work)
- ¾ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- ½ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup of water
- juice and zest of one organic orange
- 1-3 tbsp of honey or maple syrup to taste (optional)
Step 1 – Place cranberries, pineapple juice, applesauce and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
Step 2 – Keep on medium heat, stirring constantly until the cranberries start to explode (about 10-15 minutes).
Step 3 – Reduce to a simmer and pour the juice and zest over the cranberry mixture.
Step 4 – Simmer 10-15 minutes and remove from heat.
Step 5 – Cool completely and store in fridge at least 4 hours but preferably overnight before serving.
Step 6 – I feel the fruit and juice give this sauce enough sweetness, but if you feel you need a little more add a little maple syrup or honey to taste.