Coconut Lime Chocolate Cups
Gluten free, Vegan
- 1 bar 80% dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, honey or coconut syrup (optional)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut butter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut and a little extra to sprinkle on top
- 3 drops of lime essential oil (I personally use Young Living, it’s safe to ingest. DO NOT use perfume grade)
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lime (if you don’t have lime essential oil)
- 1 mini muffin tray (makes 12 chocolates)
Step 1 – In a pot, boil water, once water is boiled, place a bowl on top of the pot. You are creating a double boiler.
Step 2 – Place dark chocolate in the bowl and allow it to melt on medium heat. Once melted add the sweetener of your choice if you wish.
Step 3 – Take half of the melted chocolate and pour a little in each mold in the muffin tin. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
Step 4 – If the coconut butter is hard, first melt it. Place your jar of coconut butter in the pot of boiling water. Add a litttle coconut oil to the coconut butter if needed. This will allow it to melt and mix more evenly.
Step 5 – Once coconut butter is melted, take 3 tbsp and place it in a small bowl, add shredded coconut and lime. Mix well.
Step 6 – Take muffin tin out of the freezer and place a little coconut mix on top of frozen chocolate. Put back into the freezer for 10 minutes.
Step 7 – Place the bowl of melted chocolate back on the boiling pot of water if you need to melt it again.
Step 8 – Take muffin tin out of the freezer, pour the rest of the chocolate on top and freeze for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
Step 9 – Sprinkle shredded coconut on top and enjoy!
Store in a container in your fridge.