Butternut Carrot Sweet Potato Soup
Gluten Free & Vegan
- 1 small to medium butternut squash, peeled seeded and cubed
- 3 to 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 quart low sodium organic chicken broth or veggie
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
Step 1 – Cut butternut squash, carrots, and sweet potato into 1-inch even sized cubes.
Step 2 – Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. When hot add butter or coconut oil and once melted, add onions. Saute onions until tender.
Step 3 – Add in squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, ginger, garlic, and chicken stock and bring to a simmer, cooking until squash is tender (about 15 to 20 minutes).
Step 4 – Carefully add mixture to a blender or food processor and puree.
Step 5 – Once puréed, add content back to pot and stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.