Brown Rice Chocolate Chip Pudding
- 2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup organic apple butter (or unsweetened apple sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon kudzu powder dissolved in 2 tablespoons milk (kudzu is used to thicken, tapioca powder can also be used)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Ground cinnamon
Step 1 – Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
Step 2 – In food processor (or blender), combine cooked rice with milk. Add maple syrup and apple butter, nutmeg and vanilla and process to combine. Add dissolved kudzu and pulse to combine.
Step 3 – Lightly oil 9 x 12-inch baking dish and pour in mixture.
Step 4 – Sprinkle top with raisins and chocolate chips and press down with a wooden spoon to blend into pudding. Sprinkle cinnamon evenly on top and bake 1 hour or until top is bubbling and browned.
Step 5 – Remove from oven and cool slightly. Serve warm.
Photo Credit: William Andrus