Broccoli and Mushroom Quiche
- store bought pie crust (or make your own)
- 1 head of broccoli, florets are sliced
- 2 cups of mushrooms (crimini, shiitake etc.)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk, or other milk you desire ie. coconut, hemp, etc.
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- sea salt and black pepper
Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Place broccoli florets in boiling water with a little salt and cook until just tender. Drain and set aside
Step 2 – Melt butter in a frying pan, add mushrooms and garlic and sauté until mushrooms are soft and liquid has evaporated.
Step 3 – Whisk together eggs and almond milk with a little salt and pepper.
Step 4 – Pour egg mixture into pie crust. Arrange broccoli on top then the mushrooms.
Step 5 – Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Step 6 – Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and place back into the oven until cheese has melted.
Step 7 – Let cool, slice and serve!