Black Bean Fudge Brownies
Ingredients (makes 8):
- 1 14 oz. can cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup heaped raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray 8 ramekins or an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Roughly chop the walnuts.
- Combine all the ingredients except the nuts in a food processor or blender and blend until very smooth.
- Stir in half the walnuts; reserve some to put on top. Pour into the baking dish or ramekins.
- Bake for 20 minutes (ramekins) and 30-40 minutes (baking dish) until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides.