Hi, I’m Tanya
Here’s a few professional and personal things about me!
As you may have guessed if you’ve been wondering around my site, I’m a holistic nutritionist and personal trainer. Here’s the professional facts, I studied nutrition at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and became a personal trainer with Can-Fit Pro.
In my day to day work I do such things as cooking classes and demos, I have done many lectures and education classes on nutrition, fitness and living a life that doesn’t suck! And I also work with individuals one-on-one either in nutrition and/or personal training. And in a past life I owned a health food store. That was cool!
Here’s the more juicy stuff.
I eat meat and chocolate and ice cream and burgers and I also enjoy a glass of ice wine from time to time. Yes, you read all that right. I personally follow the 80/20 rule. I live a healthy life day to day, I drink green smoothies, eat raw food, meditate, exercise, breathe, stretch, sometimes I’m gluten free and vegan and I even detox from time to time. But I also LIVE life and enjoy myself. I know and understand that I am solely responsible for my own health, it’s up to me and only me to make the best of what this life has to offer, so I grab it with both hands and make life happen.
Live is really short and truly precious, I learned this when my Dad died at the young age of 46 (heart attack). I’ve also had my own health scares. When I was 25 I found a lump in my breast and at 28 I had cervical dysplasia (pre-cancerous cells in the cervix). It’s an under statement to say I was scared out of my mind. Fortunately, they were nothing too serious but again it forced me to look at how precious life is and that we are only here for a short period of time. Life is not meant to be wasted. Life is fun, an adventure, take risks, love, laugh, be silly, look after yourself, love yourself, be kind, share, dream, tell the truth, support, help, move, rest, eat real food, and sometimes eat ‘bad’ food. Make life an adventure, it’s way more fun that way!
10 Quirky and Interesting Facts About Me
- I’m originally from Ireland. I also lived in England before moving to Canada. In England I lived near Hampton Court Palace (once the home of King Henry VIII), as a young girl I played in that palace many times pretending it was mine!
- I LOVE ice cream. I don’t just lick it, I bite and chew it (just thinking about it is making my mouth water).
- One of my dreams is to go on a culinary tour of the world and eat like never before.
- When I go from a warm environment to a cold environment I hiccup like crazy.
- I’m a huge poker player, I can also watch it on TV for hours.
- I was a professional actor for many years (I still do a play once in a while).
- I love love love 90’s R&B and Hip-Hop – Biggie Smalls anyone?
- On a Sunday morning you can probably find me on my couch catching up on Coronation Street (a British Soap opera, it’s one of my guilty pleasures).
- Books, books and more books, I LOVE books! My other guilty pleasure is reading historical fiction, I love reading about Kings and Queens.
- Favourite food – curries! I love me a good spicy curry.
Want to work with me?
Here’s how I work. I love to laugh and have fun with all my clients, this is a journey we are on together so why not enjoy it. I’m here to support, motivate, guide and give you the arse kicking you need to get your health on track. I don’t accept excuses or BS, I don’t like drama nor do I have time for those who play the victim. I only work with individuals who are ready to take charge and make a change. I will provide you with all the tools but it’s up to you to take action on them. You and only you are responsible for your health, happiness and life.
Great health starts with great digestion, I will always start with getting your digestive system in optimal form. If you want to get started on improving your digestion today, take my free 7 day mini course to better digestion.
I have worked with a wide range of clients, here are just some of the results my clients have achieved by taking action:
- Cravings for sugars and junk foods have vanished
- Lose weight with real food without depriving yourself
- Enjoy a positive, self-image and attract people who see you in the same light
- Exude a level of confidence and vibrance that will make your friends say, “I’ll have what she’s having”
- Lower your risk of diabetes and heart disease
- Gain confidence while shopping in the grocery store
- Clear glowing skin
- PMS symptoms have diminished
- Blood sugar levels are under control and allergies are controlled
- Wake up every morning ready to take on life!
Check Out My Services
I work with individuals from all over the world as well as locally.