Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 2 medium Ripe Avocados (Peeled and flesh removed from pit)
- 1/3 cup Raw Cacao Powder (Look for 100% pure organic cacao)
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup (Raw honey, coconut sugar or yacon syrup are other options)
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla extract (optional)
Step 1 – Place all ingredients in a food processor.
Step 2 – Blend until all ingredients are well combined and a creamy, consistent texture is achieved.
Step 3 – Service right away or chill in fridge before serving.
Step 4 – Top with your favourite berries such as raspberries or blueberries and sprinkle with hemp seeds or shredded coconut!
Gourmet Chocolate Truffles
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup ground pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Step 1 – Soak dates in warm water for 30 minutes.
Step 2 – Place almonds and pumpkin seeds in a food processor until they become the consistency of flour
Step 3 – Add dates, coconut oil and cacao powder to the flour mix in the processor and mix until it comes a sticky mixture.
Step 4 – Roll mixture into small balls.
Step 5 – Time to get creative – roll balls in shredded coconut, cacao powder, cinnamon coconut sugar mix, dip in dark chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt.
Step 6 – Place in freezer for 30 min. Keep refrigerated.
Note: for an adult version of these truffles, soak the dates in rum!
Photo Credit: Joana Petrova
Vegan Roasted Vegetable Chowder
Gluten Free & Vegan
- 1 Sweet onion (diced)
- 5 cloves Garlic (peeled)
- 2 medium Potatoes (peeled, diced)
- 1 large Sweet Potato (peeled, diced)
- 2 Parsnips (peeled, chopped)
- 2 cups Cauliflower (chopped)
- 5-6 Pulp tomatoes (halved, seeded)
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons Dried thyme
- 1l Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- dash Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
Step 1 – Preheat Oven to 375ºF
Step 2 – Combine the onion, garlic cloves, gold and sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, cauliflower and tomatoes in a roasting pan and toss with the olive oil, fennel and thyme. Season with sea salt and fresh pepper, to taste.
Step 3 – Add about a cup of the broth and roast the vegetables for about 45 to 50 minutes, until they are tender. Stir at least once during roasting.
Step 4 – When the veggies are roasted, pour the rest of the broth into a soup pot and bring to a high simmer.
Step 5 – Add the roasted vegetables (including any liquid and all the bits and pieces from the pan). Cover the soup pot and simmer gently for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Step 6 – Using a hand blender puree soup.
Step 7 – Add the coconut milk, stir and taste for seasoning adjustments, and warm through gently. Add more liquid if your soup is thicker than you prefer; if it is too thin, cook a little longer to reduce the liquid.
Photo Credit: Jess
Sweet Potato Cauliflower Curry
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil or butter
- 2 Onions (finely chopped)
- 1 Sweet Potato (diced)
- 1 Head of Cauliflower (broken into florets)
- 1 teaspoon Minced Ginger
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup Organic Vegetable Stock
- 3 tablespoons Organic Plain Yogurt
- 1 can Chick Peas
- 2 Tomatoes (quartered)
Step 1 – Heat oil or butter in large pan and sauté onions over medium heat until translucent
Step 2 – Add sweet potato, cauliflower, ginger, curry powder and sea salt. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes
Step 3 – Stir in vegetable stock. Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes
Step 4 – Add yogurt, chick peas and tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until all vegetables are tender
Photo Credit: Julia Frost
Yogurt Rice Flour Pancakes
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon Honey, Maple Syrup or Yacon Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tablespoon Melted butter
- 1/2 cup Plain Organic Greek Yogurt
- Pinch of sea salt
Step 1 – Combine the rice flour, your choice of sweetener, salt and baking soda.
Step 2 – In a separate bowl, mix the egg, butter and yogurt. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth. The batter will look thick and puffy.
Step 3 – Heat a non stick pan or griddle over medium-low heat (if using a non stick pan, do not grease it).
Step 4 – Pour the batter to the pan to the size of pancake you wish. Cook until golden on both sides.
Step 5 – Serve with yogurt and fresh fruit on top, with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Photo Credit: Elana Amsterdam
Leek and Mushroom Lasagna
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large Leeks (trimmed and sliced)
- 7oz Crimini Mushrooms (sliced)
- 7oz wild mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 large Red Chile (seeded and finely chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 tablespoon Quinoa Flour (organic whole wheat, rice, or teff flour may also be used)
- 1 3/4 cup Almond Milk (Rice, Hemp or Quinoa milk may also be used)
- Small handful of thyme leaves (fresh or dried)
- 6oz Organic Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 4 Tomatoes (3 coarsely chopped and 1 sliced to serve on top)
- 8oz Whole Grain Lasagna Sheets
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 350˚F. Heat oil in large pan over low heat, add the leeks and cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes, or until starting to soften. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, then add the chiles and garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the wine, raise the heat, and boil for 3 minutes while the alcohol evaporates. Stir in the thyme.
Step 2 – Add the flour and mix well. Add a little milk, mix, then add the rest of the milk and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add almost all the cheese, remove from the heat and combine well. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and season well with salt and pepper.
Step 3 – Put a 1/2 inch layer of the mixture in the bottom of an ovenproof dish, then cover with a layer of cooked lasagna sheets. Pour in another layer of sauce and cover with lasagna. Repeat until all the sauce is used up, finishing with a layer of sauce. Top with the remaining cheese and the sliced tomatoes. Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes until brown on top and piping hot.
Photo Credit: Maggie