20 Uses for Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is an incredible oil that you can use to benefit your health and body inside and out. Coconut oil is naturally anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-parasitic. While there are many uses for coconut oil, here are just a few to get you started to enjoy and reap the benefits.
1. Makeup remover – rub some coconut oil on your face, then wipe with a cotton ball or pad
2. Eye cream – dab under your eyes to help reduce puffiness, bags and reduce wrinkles
3. Hair conditioner – for deep conditioning rub about a tablespoon of oil into your scalp and gently work through to the ends. Put on a shower cap to prevent the oil from soiling your pillow case and leave on overnight. Wash out in the morning and it leaves your hair feeling silky smooth.
4. Coconut oil is known to have a small amount of SPF, but it can also be used for sun burn relief
5. Natural deodorant, mix a little coconut oil with aluminium free baking soda (so it makes a paste) and rub on. Also, try adding an essential oil such as lavender to add a beautiful scent.
6. When you apply the oil directly to a bug bite, it can help relieve the itching and burning sensation.
7. Coconut oil is great to relieving skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis
8. Mixing coconut oil with baking soda can also be a beneficial toothpaste, add some peppermint essential oil if you want minty fresh breath.
9. If you get a cut or scrape, dab some oil on your wound, it is great as a disinfectant.
10. Daily moisturizer.
11. Lubricant – YES! Coconut oil is all natural and perfectly safe to use…and it tastes good too!
12. Energy boost – coconut oil is not an oil that stores itself in the body it actually gets used as energy. Need little pick me up, or are preparing for and endurance workout, try a teaspoon of coconut oil.
13. It has been shown to help lower cholesterol and improve heart health
14. Keeps blood sugar and insulin stable and helps decease cravings.
15. Can help reduce inflammation in the body
16. Lose weight, because it can boost your energy it helps you burn more fat
17. It has been shown that coconut oil is improving brain function in patients with milder forms of Alzheimer’s.
18. During cold and flu season, be sure to increase your intake of coconut oil as it’s been shown to strengthen the immune system.
19. Suffering from Candida, because coconut oil’s anti-fungal properties it can be use internally and externally to help kill and prevent yeast overgrowth in the body.
20. Because of it’s fat balance (it’s high in healthy saturated fat), this can be nourishing to the thyroid and improve it function.
When purchasing coconut oil be sure to buy virgin organic coconut oil, preferably in a glass jar. You should store it in your cupboard, if you keep it in your fridge it will get too hard for use.
What are some of your favourite ways to use coconut oil? Share in the comments below.